Are you looking for Antenatal Classes that are;
- Delivered by trusted birth specialists with healthcare backgrounds
- Non judgemental – supporting you to make the right choices for you and your baby
- Explore ALL of your available options
- Offer continued support after the birth of your baby
- Build a local network of expectant and new parents
- Has an optional session Just4dads
- No membership fees
- Value for money
Still not sure? Click here to find out how we compare to the NHS? Click here
Antenatal Classes – 16 hours £185.00
For antenatal class dates and times please click on one of the locations below:
You may also be interested in:
Antenatal Course Content
Our 16-hour antenatal classes will educate you fully on all aspects of labour, birth and those early days of parenting. We work with you to ensure you can make informed choices that are right for you and your baby. Our courses are non-judgmental and designed to explore all options that are available to you, answering all your questions and exploring both the practical and emotional aspects most relevant to you.
Our aim is for you to finish the course feeling calm, confident and fully prepared.
Our courses cover the following:
- What you can expect physically and emotionally before, during and after birth
- Discussing in detail the important role of your partner or birth supporter
- Birthing environments and what can help or hinder your labour
- Coping and support strategies through labour and birth
- Discussing your options with your health care providers and making informed choices
- Different stages of labour and the role of hormones
- Pain relief options
- Self-help techniques for labour and birth – breathing, relaxation and massage
- How your baby travels through the pelvis
- More complex birth journeys – what to expect and decision making including topics such as induction, assisted birth and caesarean birth
- Caring for your newborn in the first few weeks – safe sleeping, nappies, bathing, soothing, routines, benefits of skin to skin and the Fourth Trimester
- How your baby’s brain is developing from birth and how you can make a difference
- Feeding choices – breast and bottle
- Sharing the feelings and dilemmas of approaching parenthood – relationship changes, emotional wellbeing and mental health
- Recovering after birth
Our experienced educators and multidisciplinary team work together to ensure you receive the most up-to-date information on national and local events and services; being actively involved with local Maternity Units and Coventry University enables us to provide this to you.
Whether you are considering a hospital, Midwifery Led Unit or home birth, our courses offer you the perfect start in helping to prepare you for this new journey whilst at the same time helping you to build a network of other local parents-to-be.
Make friends and share your experience
Having facilitated antenatal classes within both the private and the NHS sectors we know that most parents-to-be want to meet others at a similar stage. Each antenatal course offers an optional 2-hour ‘Just4dads’ get-together in a local pub and all ‘Mums2be’ are invited to join one of our weekly coffee mornings on a day that suits them, free. We know that both the Just4dads & Mums2be is a great start to build a wider network of expectant and new parents.
“We’ve learnt stuff that wouldn’t even have crossed our minds beforehand” Alex October 2018
“Definitely exceeded expectations and both my husband and I learnt a lot. Helen ensures an open and safe environment is created from the onset where you can bring up any topic without judgement” Kylie October 2018
“Her knowledge throughout the classes have been amazing and she has honestly made me feel so much more at ease about what’s expected and the options available to me” Anna September 2018
We are happy to answer any questions you have about our Antenatal Courses.
To get in touch please call us on 07960 323 874 or email us at email@example.com