Antenatal Course – 16 hours £180.00
For antenatal course dates and times please click on one of the locations below:
This 16-hour antenatal course will educate you fully on all aspects of labour, birth and those early days of parenting. We work with you to ensure you can make informed choices that are right for you and your baby. Our courses are non-judgmental and designed to explore all options that are available to you, answering all your questions and exploring both the practical and emotional aspects most relevant to you.
Our experienced educators and multidisciplinary team work together to ensure you receive the most up to date information on national and local events and services; being actively involved with local Maternity Units and Coventry University enables us to provide this to you.
Whether you are considering a hospital, Midwifery Led Unit or home birth, our courses offer you the perfect start in helping to prepare you for this new journey whilst at the same time helping you to build a network of other local parents-to-be.
Having facilitated antenatal classes both within the private and NHS sector we know that most parents-to-be want to meet others at a similar stage. Each antenatal course offers an optional 2-hour ‘Just4dads’ get together in a local pub and a ‘Women’s Only’ session held at one of our weekly coffee mornings enabling both dads & mums2be to start to build a wider network of expectant and new parents.
Our aim is for you to finish the course feeling calm, confident and fully prepared.
Our courses cover the following:
- What you can expect physically and emotionally before, during and after birth
- Discussing in detail the important role of your Partner or birth supporter
- Birthing environments and what can help or hinder your labour
- Coping and support strategies through labour and birth
- Discussing your options with your health care providers and making informed choices
- Different stages of labour and the role of hormones
- Pain relief options
- Self-help techniques for labour and birth – breathing, relaxation and massage
- How your baby travels through the pelvis
- More complex birth journeys – what to expect and decision making including topics such as induction, assisted birth and caesarean birth
- Caring for your newborn in the first few weeks – safe sleeping, nappies, bathing, soothing, routines, benefits of skin to skin and the Fourth Trimester
- How your baby’s brain is developing from birth and how you can make a difference
- Feeding choices – breast and bottle
- Sharing the feelings and dilemmas of approaching parenthood – relationship changes, emotional wellbeing and mental health
- Recovering after birth
After birth our support continues with a weekly coffee morning, Infant feeding Support and 24/7 social media support.
We are happy to answer any questions you have about our Antenatal Courses.
To get in touch please call us on 07960 323 874 or email us at email@example.com
“My partner and I attended the antenatal course with Helen in January and February and we can’t recommend it enough. The course itself has been hugely beneficial, it was relaxed but informative and so has really helped us in the journey towards meeting our little girl. Helen was a fantastic tutor, and was happy to answer any questions I had about my pregnancy outside of the course hours.
My partner and I have also met 4 other couples on the course who we hope will become good friends. We have all kept in touch regularly since the completion of the course and have planned to meet once our babies have arrived.
Thanks so much for your help so far Helen! I’ll come along to coffee morning once baby girl has arrived to introduce you!